In one of our courses during the first year of the Education Program, we were asked to reflect on an experience, person, place, or thing that made us choose to become teachers. When I reflected on my reasoning, I knew that from the time I was a little girl I wanted to be a teacher. However, I took a few detours before ending up where I am now. I had to sit back and ask myself why I didn’t go to University to be a teacher from the get-go? When did my childhood dream fade into something else? Why did it fade? Was it gradual or was it a big deterring moment? After thinking long and hard about why I wanted to teach, I realized I don’t have an overly inspirational story or moment as to when and why I finally decided to make that dream a reality. But it’s my simple story, and I’m simply proud of it! Rather than one single person or event, it was a combination of things that led me down a path that eventually guided me to right where I was supposed to end up. Please download and watch the video below if you’re interested in hearing about how I ended up where I am today.